The dreaded phone call has come and your loved one has been arrested.
What do you do?
How can you help them?
What are your options?
We take time to plan for the unexpected but being arrested sometimes gets missed on that list. At Amazing Bail Bonds, we’re here to take the stress of the bail bond process away, and return you loved one back home as quickly as possible.
If you are looking for a reliable bail bonds in Carthage you’re in the right place!
What is a Bail Bond?
A bail bond is a financial contract between the bail bond agency and the person who is posting bail. It states that the defendant will appear in court as scheduled or face consequences including up not limited to additional fees and jail time. We take a deeper dive into bail vs bond in another article.
Who is Amazing Bail Bonds?
At Amazing Bail Bonds, we understand, and we’re to help! Our #1 goal is to provide you a smooth experience and to get your loved one home. As a leading bail bond agency we are proud to serve in the Carthage area, and in several other locations throughout North Carolina.
Our experienced and licensed bail bond agents have all completed comprehensive background checks. They are equipped and waiting to assist you today!
Carthage Bail Bonds Process and Bail Bondsman Services
- When someone is arrested by law enforcement in Carthage, they are first taken to the local police or county sheriff’s department for booking.
- The criminal court judge determines the amount of the bail bond and usually allows bail to be posted immediately.
- Knowing as much information about your friend or loved one is very helpful. Their complete name, D.O.B, where they are booked, booking number and the alleged charges being brought against them are all useful pieces of information.
- Contact Amazing Bail Bonds and one of our licensed bail bonds agents will discuss the best way they can assist you. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Typically an agency charges 15% of the full bail amount as a premium. The premium is not refundable.
- Collateral can also be used to satisfy the premium. This is typically a high value item like a home, car, art, or jewelry.
- After an agreement is reached the bail bond agent physically posts a bail bond for the full bond amount with the court.
- The defendant is released on bail with the understanding they must appear in court on the date and location assigned. Keep in mind, release processing can be a few minutes to a few hours depending on the level of crowding.
- If the defendant does not appear in court, the bail bond agent will locate him or her and return them back to jail.
- Monies and collateral could possibly be lost in this event
- If the defendant does appear in court the bond is complete when the trial is over.