You or a Loved One Has Been Arrested…
Nothing about jail time is settling, but find comfort knowing you have options to help resolve the problem.
Amazing Bail Bonds has been working with the residents of Bertie County to ensure great customer service in your time of need. We understand you may be under a lot of stress, your emotions may be getting the best of you and the need to meet the bail amount is immediate.
Contact us at Amazing Bail Bonds, we’re here to help you!
What is a Bail Bond?
A bail bond involves a contract between the bail bond agency and the person who is posting bail. It is a financial guarantee to the court that the defendant will appear in court each and every time they are scheduled. We take a deeper dive into bail vs bond in another article.
Who is Amazing Bail Bonds?
Amazing Bail Bonds is a leading bond agency that understands your situation and can help you or your loved one get out of jail ASAP. We have several locations in North Carolina, including Bertie County.
All of our bail bond agents have completed comprehensive background checks, they are licensed by the state of North Carolina and take pride in helping countless people in Bertie Co achieve a successful bail.
Overview of the Bertie County Bail Bonds Process
- After an individual is arrested by law enforcement in Bertie County, they are first taken to the local police or county sheriff’s department for booking.
- The amount of the bail bond is determined by the criminal court judge; which usually allows you, the defendant, to post bail immediately.
- Where is your friend or loved one booked?
- Gather as much information as you can regarding your friend or loved ones case.
- Their complete name, date of birth, where they are booked, booking number and the alleged charges being brought against them are all useful pieces of information.
- Contact Amazing Bail Bonds and one of our licensed bail bonds agents will discuss your unique situation. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Typically an agency charges 15% of the full bail amount as a premium. The premium is not refundable.
- Collateral can also be used to satisfy the premium. This is typically a high value item like a home, car, art, or jewelry.
- After an agreement is reached between the bail bonds agent and the indemnitor (family or friends) and all fees are paid, the bail bond agent physically posts a bail bond for the full bond amount with the court.
- The defendant is released on bail with the understanding of being compliant of all conditions by the court and bail agent. The main one being to appear in court on the date and location assigned.
- FYI: Actual processing time of release will vary depending on the jail and if it is crowded.
- If the defendant does not appear in court, the bail bond agent will locate him or her and return them back to jail.
- Monies and collateral could possibly be lost in this event
- If defendant is compliant and appears in court the bond is complete when the trial is over.